Beijing University of Chemical Technology CSC Scholarships 2019
Beijing University of Chemical Technology
Administration of “Chinese Government Scholarship – Pos tgraduate Programs
Beijing University of Chemical Technology (BUCT) is a key university of the national Project ‘211’, directly governed by the Ministry of Education. With the 50 years of development and cultivation with Science and engineering at the core, BUCT has become a multi-disciplinary university adding arts, laws, management, and economics to the core curriculum as well as the multi-layer personnel cultivation center homing local and international students of undergraduate, master, PhD programs.
BUCT is composed of three campuses. The main (East) campus sits just north of the Third Ring, a convenient location yet with a quiet and attractive environment. The west campus is located west of the Black-Bamboo Park in a beautiful neighborhood. The north campus resides in Changping district of Beijing, near the famous scenic vista, the Ming Tombs.
There are 14 colleges at BUCT, including College of Chemical Engineering, College of Materials Science and Engineering, College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, College of Information Science and Technology, College of Science, College of Economic Management, College of Humanities and Law, College of Life Science and Technology, College of Marxism, College of Vocational Education, College of Further Education, School of International Education，Hou Debang Engineer School, and College of Energy. Among the 14 colleges, there are 7 post-doctoral stations, 6 primary disciplinary doctoral programs, 29 subordinate disciplinary doctoral programs, 96 master programs, and 50 undergraduate majors. With the Chemical Engineering，Material Science & Engineering Chemistry, Biological Chemical Engineering being the main overriding programs, they offer master level courses with English as the instructional language. Please visit the BUCT website (http://www.buct.edu.cn) to learn detail information regarding the master and PhD programs.
Full time students of Master or Doctoral programs.
II、 Scope and Duration of Scholarship
1、Students receive tuition and accommodation waivers;
2、Students receive a living stipend: 3000 RMB per month for master students and 3500 RMB per month for doctoral students;
3、Students receive the coverage of Students Medical Insurance (800 RMB per person per year);
4、Only international students who are not currently studying in China are eligible for the scholarship;
5、Duration of scholarship aligns with the study time of the target disciplinary program.
III、Qualifications of Applicants
1、Applicants must be citizens of nations other than China and in good health condition;
2、Education and Age Requirements:
- Applicants for master programs should hold a bachelor degree and be not older than 35;
- Applicants for doctoral programs should hold a master degree and be not older than 40.
3、Applicants should provide excellent grade reports;
4、Applicants should show excellent ability in conducting research;
5、Applicants should not hold scholarship of any other categories.
IV．Application Materials and Procedure
The application materials should be delivered to the International Student Office at Beijing University of Chemical Technology by March 31st, 2019. The application package should include the followings:
1、The application form. Visit http://laihua.csc.edu.cn to register and complete the Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (in Chinese or English; Provide two copies, one original and one photocopy); (BUCT Agency No. is 10010)（Chose type B）
2、Two letters of reference from scholars with associate professor or higher positions (in Chinese or English, with reference’ signatures; Provide two copies, one original and one photocopy);
3、A statement of Purpose (written in Chinese or English with signature);
4、The Original Transcript and Diploma of the highest Degree (in Chinese or English with notarization). A notarized copy of the translated version (in Chinese or English) should be submitted if the original Diploma is in non-English or Chinese; Provide two copies, one original and one photocopy. The details are as follows:
1) Applicants for master’s program should provide the following: original transcript of the undergraduate study and original undergraduate diploma and degree (with notarization if a copy);
2) Applicants for doctoral program should provide the following: original transcript of the master study and original master diploma and degree (with notarization if a copy);and abstract of the Master thesis;
3) Applicants who will graduate in 2019 should provide study certificate from the university. When admitted, applicants should submit the original diploma and degree or notarized copy upon enrollment. The admission will be revoked if otherwise. Applicants who are working to provide the work certificate.
5、HSK Score report or other Chinese language certificates (if any);
6、Originals or copies of academic publication, patent, and other academic achievements;
7、Two passport-size photos with your name written on the back;
8、One copy of your valid passport
9、Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form（Provide two copies and you keep the original one.), which is issued by Chinese Quarantine Authority and only for those who plan to study in China for longer than six months. Applicants must fill out the form in English and complete all the items listed on the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The form is invalid should there be incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants. The medical examination results are valid for 6 months, thus, applicants should carefully schedule the time for the medical examination.
Notes: All application materials and the fee will not be returned despite applicants’ admission status.
V、List of programs for applicants
1、 Master Program (3 years) (※: Courses taught in English in this program)
1.Chemical Engineering and Technology ※
2. Environmental Science and Engineering
3. Chemistry ※
4. Materials Science and Engineering ※
5. Engineering Mechanics
6. Mechanical Engineering
7.Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics
8. Safety Science and Engineering
9. Controlling Science and Engineering
10. Computer Science and Technology ※
11. Software Engineering
12. Management Science and Engineering
14. Business Administration Mathematics
15. Economic technology and management
19.Chemical Engineering and Technology（research in biochemical Engineering） ※
20. The Light Industry Technology and Engineering
21.Food science and Engineering
24. Philosophy of Technology
25. Public Management
26. Marxism Theory
24. Chemical Engineering and Technology（research in biochemical Engineering）※
2、 Doctoral Program (3 years) (All Courses taught in English)
1. Chemical Engineering and Technology
2. Environmental Science and Engineering
4. Materials Science and Engineering
5.Management Science and Engineering
6. Controlling Science and Engineering
7. Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics
VI、Admission and Notification:
BUCT will organize internal experts to review application materials and report to the Chinese Government Scholarships Council for approval. After that, the BUCT will send the Admission Notification letter and Visa Application Form (JW201) to successful applicants.
Notice: All accepted applicants must pay the application fee in the amount of 500 RMB upon their arrival for registration and enrollment.
VII、BUCT Address for application material：
International Student Office
School of International Education
Beijing University of Chemical Technology
No.15 Bei San Huan East Road
Chao yang District, Beijing 100029, P.R.CHINA
Mr Jliang WANG; Ms. Julia ZHAO
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +86-10- 64452461 Fax: +86-10-64452461
Website: http://www.buct.edu.cn (http://english.buct.edu.cn/ for English version)
Beijing Government Scholarship
Beijing Municipal Government has established the “Beijing Government Scholarship” for Beijing University of Chemical Technology to encourage and provide funding assistance for the outstanding foreign students to pursue degree study or further education in BUCT and use it to reward those highly meritorious students who are currently studying at the University. Details of the Beijing Government Scholarship 2019-2019 are as the following:
I. Types of awards, value of awards and use of awards
|Types of Awards||Value of Awards||The use of awards|
|Undergraduates||1 year/half year tuition fee||Remission of tuition fees of 2019-2019|
|Master students||1 year/half year tuition fee||Remission of tuition fees of 2019-2019|
|Doctoral students||1 year/half year tuition fee||Remission of tuition fees of 2019-2019|
|Advanced students||Half year tuition fee||Remission of half year tuition fees of 2019-2019|
Please note: Those students who have already been granted “Chinese Government Scholarship” will NOT be considered for this scholarship.
1. Applicants shall be the citizens of the foreign countries with which China has established diplomatic relations; they shall be in good physical health and agree to obey the relevant laws of the PRC and the rules of the BUCT, with proven academic excellence.
2. Students applying for undergraduate degree programs at the BUCT shall hold high school certificates or above; applicants for post-graduate degree courses shall hold university degrees or above; those who read for the PhD degrees shall hold master’s degrees or above;
3. Those who apply for advanced education of their specialties shall have the education background equivalent at least to bachelor degree or shall be the university students at the second year or above ;
4. Those who apply to undertake research at the BUCT as a visiting scholar shall hold master or above degrees, or possess the professional title of associate professor or above.
1 Online apply http://study.buct.edu.cn
2. Certificate of highest degree (must be notarized by notary in applicant’s home country)
3. Transcript (must be notarized by notary in applicant’s home country)
4. Two reference letters from teachers (applicant for master’s and PhD degrees must provide reference letters from professors)
5. Resume and study plan (All the above material must be provided in Chinese or English)
6. HSK Certificate, Chinese proficiency test band 5 above (for applicants wish to study undergraduate or master courses taught in Chinese)
7. Photocopies of valid passport
Note: All application material provided by applicants will not be returned to them whether they are successful or not.
IV. Application time
The closing date for application shall be May 30th, 2019, and Office of International Students, School of International Education of the BUCT shall have received all application material by the above time.
V. Qualification and notification:
The BUCT will assess the application submitted by applicants，or make a test including Chinese language and maths(only for program in Chinese), and will announce the list of scholarship award winners before June 30th, 2019.
VI. How to contact
Office of International Students, School of International Education, BUCT
Address: Office of International Students, School of International Education of Beijing University of Chemical Technology, 15 Beisanhuan Dong Lu, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100029
Email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Mr. Wang, Ms. Julia
Website: http://www.buct.edu.cn English version