Beijing University of Chinese Medicine CSC Scholarships 2019
There are four ways international students can acquire scholarships to study at BUCM. The scholarships available are the Chinese Government Scholarship, the Chinese Ministry of Education Scholarships for Outstanding Self-Funded Students, Beijing Foreign Students Scholarship, and the BUCM International Students Scholarship. For detailed information, please contact the International School Admission Office, Tel: +86-10-64286303.
The Chinese Government Scholarship
The Chinese Government Scholarship is awarded by the Department of China’s Ministry of Education, in accordance with the agreement between the Chinese government and governments of the relevant countries and other international organizations. It provides full scholarships to undergraduates, master’s students, PhD students, Chinese language students, general and senior advanced students.
The application period for the Chinese Government Scholarship is January to the beginning of April annually. Applicants may refer to the official websites http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarship.aspx for current information. Alternatively, applicants may contact their Chinese embassies or the BUCM International School.
The Chinese Ministry of Education Scholarships for Outstanding Self-Funded Students
The scholarship is provided by the Chinese Ministry of Education to undergraduate colleges, advanced occupational institutions and full-time masters in order to motivate students to achieve full development in moral, intelligence, physics, and aesthetics.
Academic achievement is the main method of assessment, supplemented by assessment of classroom performance.
Scholarship amount: 18000RMB
The Beijing Foreign Students Scholarship
The Beijing Foreign Students Scholarship is established by the Beijing municipal government for outstanding international students and scholars to support their study, advanced study and research in Beijing. It’s aimed at encouraging students to work hard, obey the rules and laws, becoming qualified professionals. It also promotes the passion of the students to Beijing and China.
Academic achievement is the main method of assessment, supplemented by assessment of classroom performance. Scholarship amount：
1st prize: 15000 RMB
2nd prize: 12000 RMB
3rd prize: 8000 RMB
The BUCM International Students Scholarship
The BUCM international students scholarship is provided by the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine. The purpose is to encourage the students to work hard and study assiduously.
How to Apply
Requirement for the Language
Language requirements for the English program:
- Students applying for English programs are required to take the English entrance examination administered by BUCM which takes place every June and August.
- English as first language students are exempt from the English entrance examination.
- Applicants holding undergraduate degrees or above are exempt from the English entrance examination.
Language requirements for the Chinese program:
- Students applying for the Chinese program are required to take the Chinese entrance examination administered by BUCM which takes place every June and August.
- Applicants holding a current Level 4 HSK or above certificate are exempt from the Chinese entrance examination,but students should join the interview.
- BUCM Preparatory program graduate students are exempt from the Chinese entrance examination.
- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree or above from a Chinese university are exempt from the Chinese entrance examination.
Prospective students submit application documents →Assessment of documents by BUCM→ Prospective students receive the Foreign Students VISA application form (JW202 form)→ Prospective students apply for VISA at the Chinese embassy of the student’s country of origin →Arrive at school
- BUCM Admission Application Form for International Students.
- Letter of guarantee from a guarantor of Chinese nationality and a photocopy of their identity card.
- Photocopies of current qualification certificates and transcripts (original documents are required during the entrance procedure).
- Photocopy of passport (original passport is required during the entrance procedure).
- Two current 2-inch passport-sized photos.
- Application fee of 800RMB paid to the financial office.
Methods of Acquiring the Application Form and Letter of Guarantee from a Guarantor of Chinese Nationality
- Collect the application documents from the International School’s Admission Office at BUCM.
- Download the application documents from BUCM International School website.
Application Period and Methods
- Applications are accepted year-round. Applicants may choose one of the following application methods:
- Walk-in application: Applicants can submit their Application Form at the BUCM International School’s Admission Office. Address: Admissions Office, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine International School, 11 Bei San Huan Dong Lu, Beijing. Tel: 64286303.
- Online application: Download the Application Form and apply via email: [email protected]
- Postal application: Applicants can send in their Application Form by mail. Mailing address: Admissions Office, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine International School, 11 Bei San Huan Dong Lu, Beijing. Postcode: 10029.Tel/ Fax: +86-10-64286303.
BUCM is the earliest Chinese medicine institution to offer graduate programs in China. The graduate program includes master degree program, PhD program and MD program. In 2019, BUCM offers 49 master degree programs and 42 doctoral degree programs. Most of the graduate programs are taught in Chinese. For more information about graduate programs for international students, please visit the website of Graduated School: http://yzb.bucm.edu.cn/lxs/tzgg/
Graduate Program in Chinese
1. Basic Theory of Chinese Medicine
2. Study of Chinese medicine Classics: Nei Jing, Shang Han Lun, Wen Bing Xue and in Gui Yao Lue
3. Chinese Medical Literature and Retrieval
4. Study of Chinese Medical Formulae
5. Chinese Medicine Diagnosis
6. Chinese Internal Medicine
7. Chinese Surgery
8. Chinese Orthopedics and Traumatology
9. Chinese Gynecology
10. Chinese Pediatrics
11. Chinese Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
12. Acupuncture , Moxibustion and Tuina
13. Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine
14. Basics of Integrated Clinical Chinese and Western Medicine
15. Chinese Nursing
16. Health Preservation and Rehabilitation of Chinese Medicine
17. Clinical Chinese Materia Medica
18. Chemistry of Chinese Materia Medica
19. Pharmacology of Chinese Materia Medica
20. Pharmaceutical Engineering of Chinese Materia Medica
21. Pharmacognostics of Chinese Materia Medica
22. Pharmaceutical Analysis
23. Microbiology and Biochemistry
24. Social Medicine and Health Industry Management