Beijing University of Technology CSC Scholarships 2018
Beijing-Chinese Government Scholarship is established by the Ministry of Education of China(hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between Chinese government and governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide full scholarships to international students. Since 2010, Beijing Municipality has been entitled to award Beijing Chinese Government Scholarship on its own.
- Agency no.: 10005
- Program Category: Type B
Beijing University of Technology (hereinafter referred to as BJUT) is established in 1960. It is a key university under the administration of the Beijing Municipal Government and ranked as one of the 100key universities for the 21st century. It has established a multi-disciplinary academic structure with 23 colleges offering 44 Bachelor’s Degree programs, 42 Master’s Degree programs and 26 Doctoral Degree programs. Since2010, BJUT started to enroll Beijing Chinese Government Scholarship students all over the world.
- Funding Date: Sept. 2018
- Program and Duration
|Program||Duration|| Preparatory Program|
(Chinese language study)
| Duration of|
|Doctor||4 years||1 year||4-5 years|
- Language of Instruction
BJUT Doctoral programs are taught in either Chinese or English. Students taking Chinese-taught program and who does not meet the Chinese language requirement should take one-year Chinese training courses.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, both physically and psychologically.
2. Applicants should not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application, but s/he may be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
3. Education background and age limit:
Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants cannot major in their mother tongue, English, French or other third languages or culture.
- Values of Scholarship
1. Exempted from tuition fee;
2. Living allowance:
Doctoral degree students& senior scholars: CNY 3,500 Yuan/month
Students may either choose free accommodation on campus or to live off campus with accommodation subsidies CNY 1,000 Yuan/month for PhD students.
4．Medical insurance fee
Application documents: The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicates, hard and soft copies).
(1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English)
Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn. The agency number of Beijing University of Technology is 10005, and category type is B. Those who cannot apply online shall contact the dispatching authorities to get the application form and fill it truly, correctly and completely.
(2) Application Form for International Students to BJUT
Online application: http://bjut.17gz.orgApplicationwill not be accepted until application fee is paid.
(3)BJUT Supervisor Acceptance Letter for Master/PhD Degree Program Applicants
Apply online and then download at http://bjut.17gz.organd open Appendix 1 to see 2018 Doctoral Degree Programs and Supervisors List.pdf
(4) Notarized Highest diploma or pre-graduation certificate (photocopy)
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(5) Notarized academic transcripts (photocopy)
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(6) A study or research plan
All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English.
(7)Language certificate within latest two years
HSK 4 or above certificate for Chinese-taught program applicant; English-taught postgraduate program applicant from non-native English speaking countries should submit one of the following English language certificate within the period of validity: IELTS ≥6.5/IBT≥90/TOEIC≥750)
(8) Two Recommendation letters from associate professors or above experts
Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from associate professors or above experts in related research fields.
(9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form within the latest six months
The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results.
(11) Photocopy of Passport Personal Information Page with period of validity being above half year
(12) A CD of your own works
Applicants for programs such as arts, architecture, urban planning must submit a CD of their own works to prove their competence in such field.
- Application fee
Application fee is RMB 500 Yuan, which is required to be paid online in order to complete the application. Online payment: http://bjut.17gz.org
- Documents submission
Hard copies of the documents are required to be submitted to our contact address by the application deadline (R814, No.4 Teaching Building, Beijing University of Technology#100, Ping Le Yuan, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100124, P. R .China. Phone No.: +86-10-67391762) Please DO NOT STAPLE the papers.
Softcopies should also be sent to us via email [email protected] Please always quote your CSC application form series number and BJUT online application number.
- Application deadline for 2018 -2019 Academic Year Intake: 31 March, 2017
- Approval and Notification
1. BJUT will assess all the application documents and make decisions. Documents of successful candidates will be forwarded to CSC for final approval.
2. Scholarship applicants academically accepted by BJUT will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with the approval from CSC.
3. Students are required to sign on their Admission Notice, if they have no objection with the placement, and are not permitted, in principle, to change their specialties and the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
4. BJUT will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to students.
- CONTACT US
College of International Education
Beijing University of Technology
Address: R814, No.4 Teaching Building, Beijing University of Technology, #100, Ping Le Yuan, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100124, P. R. China
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +86-10-67391762, 67391858
The “Outstanding students Scholarship” are meant for Beijing University of Technology’s full-time undergraduate students (Grade 2 and above) and full-time graduate students (Grade 2 and above)
1. Excellent academic performance with strong learning and research skills.
2. Good and friendly attitude towards China and have good performances in China.
3. Law-abiding,physically and mentally sound, all-round development.
4.Active participation in various academic and social activities with outstanding deeds is much preferred.
5. Priorities will be given to students with economic difficulties under the same conditions.
1. Students must submit the application form and supporting documents to their various department or scientific research institutes.
2. All departments and research institutions will review the documents and recommend one candidate for the award.
3. A Review Committee organized by College of International Education will then review the recommended candidates and select the best ones.
4. The candidates will be submitted for publicity in the school.
5. Recommendations will then be made to the CSC secretariat.
The CSC secretariat will then organize experts to review all the recommended candidate according to their academic situation, the scientific research ability, performance, etc. in China and finally determine the winning candidates.