Xiamen Tan Kak Kee Scholarships 2019 for Undergraduate, Master and Doctoral Program
The Xiamen University is inviting applications for Xiamen Tan Kak Kee Scholarships for international students of Chinese descent from countries along the Maritime Silk Road.
The Xiamen University, colloquially known as Xia Da, located in Xiamen, Fujian province, is the first university in China founded by overseas Chinese. Established by Tan Kah Kee in 1921, the university was originally known as Amoy University.
In order to enhance its internationalization, XMU has launched a lot of English-medium programmes for international students. These programmes are taught in English and aim to produce high-level international specialists with a solid professional foundation plus a good understanding of the Chinese society and culture.
- Application Deadline: May 10, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Undergraduate, Master and Doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships will be awarded to 3-5 candidates in doctoral degree programs, 30-35 in master’s degree programs, and 30 in bachelor’s degree programs. Final decisions will be made by the Tan Kah Kee Scholarships Committee. Scholarships cover tuition, on-campus accommodation and insurance expenses and living allowance.
Doctoral students: RMB 70,000 per year (3 or 4 years)
Master’s students: RMB 60,000 per year (2 or 3 years)
Undergraduate’s students: RMB 50,000 per year (4 or 5 years)
- Nationality: The Scholarships are open to outstanding international students of Chinese descent and students in Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan who are descendants of Jimei alumni to study at Xiamen.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in China
|Category||Start of program||Length of program||Documents required|
|Bachelor’s||Mid-Sep.||4 or 5 years||Photocopy of passport; high school diploma and transcripts; self-introductory video clip;a letter of recommendation; personal statement; language proficiency certificate.|
|Master’s||Mid-Sep.||2 or 3 years||Photocopy of passport; bachelor’s degree certificate and transcripts; letters of recommendation from two (associate) professors; research proposal; language proficiency certificate; CV.|
|Doctoral||Mid-Sep.||4 years||Photocopy of passport; master’s and bachelor’s degree certificates and transcripts; letters of recommendation from two (associate) professors; research proposal; language proficiency certificate; CV.|
Eligibility for the Xiamen Tan Kak Kee Scholarships 2019:
Eligible Countries: The Scholarships are open to outstanding international students of Chinese descent and students in Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan who are descendants of Jimei alumni to study at Xiamen. XMU is one of the institutions authorized to enrol students on the Tan Kah Kee Scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
1.International students of Chinese descent with valid foreign passports and in good health, particularly those from countries in Southeast Asia, South Asia, West Africa and Europe along the routes of the Maritime Silk Road.
Note: Residents of Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who have emigrated to a foreign country and who are now applying to study in bachelor’s program in China as international students must have held a valid foreign passport for at least four years, and have actually resided in a foreign country for at least two years in the past four years (as of April 30, 2019). (Nine months of residence in a foreign country may count as a full year. The dates of the entry and exit stamps in the passport will be followed in establishing the actual length of foreign residence.)
- Applicants shall adhere to the “One China” Principle, be friendly to their mother country, and abide by the laws, rules and regulations of the Chinese Government.
- Educational Background and Age Limits:
Applicants for bachelor’s degree programs should have a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 30;
Applicants for master’s degree programs should have a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 35;
Applicants for doctoral degree programs should have a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
Note: Applicants who have been awarded any other scholarship are not eligible for Tan Kah Kee Scholarships.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Xiamen Tan Kak Kee Scholarships 2019:
How to Apply: Applications for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to a program at Xiamen University. (The Application Guidelines for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral Degree Programs 2019 are available at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/en/clist/68.html)
- Applicants shall complete the Application Form for Tan KahKee Scholarship (please click to download) and prepare a printout;
- Applicants are required to apply online and then print out the Application Form for International Students generated upon successful online application. The application fee is RMB 400 (payable upon signing up online; non-refundable).
- 3. Mailing application documents as required:
An application package shall be mailed to XMU’s Admissions Office by courier and arrive before the above deadline and it shall include: documents indicated in the following chart and one completed Application Form for Tan Kah Kee Scholarships, one completed Application Form for International Students, one certification letter from an ethnic Chinese group or an influential ethnic Chinese person in the applicant’s country of residence to certify applicant’s ethnic Chinese origin please click to download the certification letter format) , one physical examination form.
VIII. Contact Information
Admissions Office, Xiamen University, China
Tel: +86-(0)592-2184792/ 2188375 Fax: +86-(0)592-2180256
Email: [email protected] Website:http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn
Add:422 South Siming Road, Xiamen, Fujian Province, China